JebusGt

Travel Over Finished Layer Buffer

I don't know if this is already possible, but if not I would like a way to tell the slicer to not allow the extruder to pass over a completed top layer for atleast 3-5 layers. This would help prevent the oozing/scatches I sometimes get on the top layers of some prints where it finishes a lower top layer and is building other islands.

I'm still very new to this and I'm sure that leveling/retraction settings can fix this, but sometimes without auto leveling and different behaviors between different filaments It would be nice if the extruder just didnt go over finished layers and moved around perimeters for a few layers to avoid making marks. I'd gladly add the extra time for moves. Thanks for any insight!!
S3D-Jake

Re: Travel Over Finished Layer Buffer

Thanks for the suggestion! Retraction Vertical Lift is certainly one way to prevent this from happening on any top layers. The complaint with that is usually that, as a user, you don't care all that much if the nozzle rubs on the infill, only the top layers. I'll document this feature request and monitor for more interest from other users. Maybe try out retraction vertical lift as is suggested here: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... op-surface
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”