Simplify3D
Site Admin

Creator 1.1.0 Now Available

Alright, this is a big one folks! The changelog for this update is pretty substantial including several very exciting new features we've been working on. After weeks of testing we've settled on some very reliable settings for high quality printing, so we've added some simple one-click print quality options to make it easy for you to get the same results. We've also added the ability to define different settings for different models on the same build plate, or even different settings for different vertical sections of the same model! Imagine being able to print 5 parts simultaneously on the same build plate and each one has different settings specifically tailored for that part... well now you can! If the bottom 20mm of your part needs 100% infill, but the top can be hollow, you can do that too! We also made sure to add a lot of the features requested by the community like showing the layer number during a preview, displaying the estimated print time after slicing, or having more accurate build time estimates.

The complete changelog is listed below. As always, follow the instructions in your confirmation email to download the latest update.

Happy Printing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGELOG
  • Added auto-configuration options for Medium and High quality printing
  • Improved accuracy for build time estimates
  • Estimated print time and necessary filament are now displayed after creating a G-Code file
  • Added ability to set min and max height for slicing
  • Added new dialogs for slicing multiple FFF processes into a single G-Code file
  • Creator now supports different settings for different models on the same build plate or even different settings for different vertical sections of the same model
  • Added ability to exclude first layer temperature settings from G-Code files and set manually via the MCP
  • Added requirement for first layer temperature setpoint if using stabilize at startup
  • Fan speed blip to full speed now only occurs if new speed is less than 80% (no need for blip if new speed is already 100%)
  • Per-layer preview now separates G-Code moves made during the custom ending G-Code section
  • Preview support for homing commands (G28)
  • Added display for layer number when using per-layer previewing
  • Adjusted support algorithms so that support will always be placed directly on build surface regardless of lower separation layers setting
  • Further slicer improvements for self-intersecting meshes
  • Removed unnecessary Z-coordinates from G-Code output
  • Added better debug output to status bar messages
  • Removed empty serial ports from listing
  • Changed "Primary Extruder Temp" to just "Primary Extruder" so it has a clearer relationship to Heated Bed
  • Improved descriptions in Support Generation dialog
  • Moved G-Code X/Y/Z offsets onto G-Code tab
  • Added option for different X/Y and Z axis movement speeds (make sure to update/verify these settings!)
  • Updated default retraction and movement speeds to improve print quality
  • Added extra skirt outline to M2 profile to ensure stabilized flow prior to starting model
  • Slower initial retraction for anchor point when starting a print
  • Fixed bug where some temperatures might not be parsed from G-Code file depending on firmware settings
  • Fixed bug with Print from SD Card command while monitoring temperatures
  • Fixed bug where Temperature Monitoring could be inadvertently left on, interrupting startup communication
  • Minor fixes for Z-lift retraction moves
jfjohnny5

Re: Creator 1.1.0 Now Available

So can you guys also give me permission to leave work early so I can go home and try this? :D
Walt44

I've looked through the latest release, and I don't exactly know how you would create a single G-code file that contains different amounts of infill for different vertical sections of the same model. I see printing start and stop options under the Other tab, but that would seem to require creating two different G-code files. Could you please explain the procedure. Will you be updating the March video to cover new features at some point?

Thanks,
Walt
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Hey Walt,

You actually already found the only setting you need! Say you want to print the first 30mm of a part with one setting, and the rest with another. Just add two FFF processes and make sure to set the "Start/Stop printing at height" settings on the Other tab appropriately. So in this case your first process would STOP printing at a height of 30mm and your second one would START printing at 30mm. Then when you go to prepare your file it will recognize that there are multiple FFF processes and ask if you want to merge them into one. You can do some really cool stuff with this feature, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys will come up with!
Walt44

Oh Ok, I forgot all about the use of multiple Processes for a single model. Didn't think of that.

Thanks,
Walt
pleonard23

I am liking this new version quite a bit, but there are still some things that I'm not caring much for. The biggest pain point for me is the machine control panel. It's pretty difficult to do all the maneuvering around to do my bed leveling procedure, I think I'm with others folks in other threads that prefer the pronterface way of doing things with regards to the jog wheel. Having to select the radio buttons to change which axis you want to manipulate is a real drag.

Other than that, the slicing and other features are pretty darn cool.

Paul

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”