Chir

Bug Report: Missing Title Bar

Good Afternoon,

I have a Windows 10 laptop that rarely gets shutdown. Instead of shutting down, I put the machine to sleep. S3D is the primary application and it is RARELY not running.

Something appears to be causing S3D to adjust it's windows size and it's placing the main window over the title bar. This prevents me from minimizing/maximizing the application. As you can see below, the main window has been placed over the top of the title bar so all of the form controls are missing. There is also a gap at the bottom of the window where the window should be sized to touch the taskbar, but there is a title bar sized gap.

s3d_missingtitlebar.png

This isn't too big of a deal -- you can resize the window and the title bar pops back. If I do that, I can snap the window back to the left side of the display and everything looks good -- title bar is back and the gap is no longer there.

s3d_normal.png

I took the two images and put them together to show the difference...

s3d_compare.png

Once the application is "stuck" like this, I believe the fix is to dock it to the right side of the monitor and then undock it. Otherwise it continues to open without the title bar even after restarting the application.

I understand this is a really low priority bug... but I did want to pass it on! It isn't new with 4.1, I see the same behavior in 4.0.
SusiT140V

Re: Bug Report: Missing Title Bar

Hi Chir,

I think you may have accidentally dragged the Simplify3D window title bar off-screen.

To get it back, hold down the Shift key and right-click on its icon in the Taskbar.

This will pop up a few options that will allow you to get the title bar back onto your screen.

The options unavailable will be greyed-out. Click on "Maximise" makes it fit the full-screen so you can get to the controls, or "Move" (the cursor changes to a cross-arrow) and move the mouse up to what you can see that is left of the title bar, left-click-hold, and drag the controls back onto the screen.

Hope this helps you.
Susi.
Chir

No, I didn't drag it off the screen...

The window is snapped to the left of the screen (take the window, drag the title bar to the left side, it will snap and take up 50% of the screen). After sleeping and resuming, the above happens.

If I move the mouse to the lower right of the window, the resize handles will appear. If I click it and drag it even 1 pixel, it will fix itself.
SusiT140V

Now that is just weird. :roll:
That blows. :(

I’m sorry that was not the solution.

All I can suggest in the meantime then, is go back to the earlier version if you can?
It’s what a lot of us have had to do.

Hopefully the guy can get this and other bugs fixed sometime soon.

Cheers,
Susi.
motojeff

Hover over the simplify 3d icon on the task bar a small preview window will pop up right click on it and click maximize or move and move it or maximize it and it will go back to regular movable windowed mode with the bar at the top.
Spiegel3694

The shift key click the icon in the toolbar and maximize worked great for me.
Thanks.
nichanderson

Wow after dealing with a missing maximize bar for 2+ years, I finally decided today, that I should google it. Came across this forum post and shift -> right click -> maximize totally worked.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”