DanRZ

Alfawise bed size and Home

Hello, i'm a new user and i have seen a problem in the Alfawise profile ... or maybe in the printer itself.

The Alfawise U20 bed measures exactly 311 x 311 mm but there are 4 pliers to attach the bed to the heating bed.
I measured the pliers and it is 11 mm wide :

Plier to attach bed
Plier to attach bed

So in reality the bed is only 311 - 2 x 11 = 289 mm long ( Y Max ) if you put the pliers int the front/back side ...

In the profile it should be 289 mm wide or you can hit the plier with the extruder if it is at zero on Z.

It happened to me. I was levelling and then right after i started a print.
The extruder went straight to X=0 and Y=0 and hit the plier that moved off the bed ...

And the i've seen another problem. Why don' the extruder lift up a little bit before going to Home ?
Can i change with Simplify 3D the behaviour of the "go home" G-Code ? The G28 command ...

Is it a "native" procedure in the printer itself or can i do something with Simplify 3D to modify this behaviour ?

And do i need to offset Y axis to move Home 1à mm forward ? 0,0 is still at the same place ? Or is it relative to the center of the bed ?

Thanks for help.
Porcupineshiver

Re: Alfawise bed size and Home

On the G-Code tab you can specify your machine's build volume, and adjust the origin offset accordingly. You can also create an STL of your machine, positioned properly, and add it to the visualization area. There's a how to here - Machine Preview
DanRZ

Re: Alfawise bed size and Home

Thanks, nice idea to make a "real" visualisation of my printer bed. I will try it ...

Nobody seems to be bothered by this limitation due to pliers so that's not a real problem.
And i will surely never use the full 300x300 bed ... but who really knows :D It could happen.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”