blackbird2016

Re: V 4.1 Retraction at layer change and outline crossing

Works like a charm with 4.1.1
Thank you for that!
jmunkki

Application says it's up to date. Account page offers 4.1, but in fact gives you 4.1.1. Somehow I'm not surprised to learn about 4.1.1 this way.
nerys

Downloading now. Fingers crossed

hey S3D team. would be nice to offer the previous version for download as well. built a new rig and I had to resort to a TORRENT site to get 4.0.1 while I waited for 4.1.1 to drop :-( not cool.

Torrents can be risky and I should not have to resort to that. would be good to make "at least" the "previous" 2 versions of software available. think of it as "last stable" version so to speak. so 4.0.1 should be available for download until the latest version is "known good and stable"

just a thought.
jmunkki

I sliced and printed a 1 hour print and also sliced and examined the gcode from the sample factory file I posted here. As far as I can tell, the pathing and retraction issues are gone without any changes to slicer settings. Retraction settings looked correct and I didn't see even the weird stuff that was going on in the 4.0.1 gcode. The printed object possibly looks better than the ones I've printed using 4.0.1 before.

This minor release gets my thumbs up now, but my comments about making these versions visible through the in-application check, the web site front page and even the account page still stand. And I agree that at least while people were waiting for 4.1.1, a copy of 4.0.1 should have been available as soon as it was determined that 4.1 had issues.
S3D-Jake

I’m happy to state that these issues should be resolved now in the latest 4.1.1 release. Our team successfully tested factory files from threads mentioning this issue with avoid crossing outlines' tool paths and with retraction values being gone or incorrect. You should not need to change any retraction settings to have the software function as desired once more. This was just one of many improvements to the software. All of which are detailed on our Release Notes page.

Thank you for your help reporting this issue!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”