Djiguy

infill poor or no existent, but model perfect in makerbot slicer!

i have a wanhao 4s and suffered no issues. This recent model im trying to print is doing my head in. i have 2 small areas which are not very thick but the infill is basically rubbish or no existent. Ive tried lots of different setting but its as if the software is not doing any changes. I run the same model in makerbot slicer and the model is perfect! i hate makerbot slicer so i need to know what going on with simplify 3d. never had any issues before and its not the printer. ive uninstalled the software, re-downloaded the basic settings for that printer and still no joy! If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great, also running the latest version.
wirlybird

Re: infill poor or no existent, but model perfect in makerbot slicer!

You're going to need to post more details and at least pictures showing the issues.
A factory file would be the best thing to upload.
Djiguy

As you can see the infill in the corners is no existent. The process file is the standard wanhao 4s dual within simplyfi3d. Never had issues before, and prints perfect in the MakerBot slicer using standard settings.
Attachments
A56A72A2-A00F-4076-9C8D-34DCAED09E06.jpeg
wirlybird

Kind of hard to tell but maybe printing too fast for the size? Infill speed too fast? Maybe retraction too aggressive?
Is it an area that needs supports?

A link to the model or upload the factory file would help - File menu > save/export factory file.
Djiguy

I’ve slowed the print down (prints faster in MakerBot with no issues). Infill is default at 100% should I slow it to 30-40%? Supports are used and normally when you remove them it pulls away what is been supporting 🙄. Like I say with other models the printing is fine.
wirlybird

Which version of S3D? The 4.1 version has some issue so maybe it is specific to that? If you have another version maybe try it.
Djiguy

Yeah tried all that. Went back to 4.01. How do I slow the infill speed down, no option in infill tab.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”