SweHogelid

Profile handling

I just bought my second 3D printer and the number of profiles I'm using and testing are increasing. So in order to get a better view over my profiles I have these two requests:

Rename profiles
Today if a make an profile that I for some reason want to rename I first have to 'Save as new' and then delete the old one.

Sort profiles
When profiles from different printers, nozzles and layer heights get mixed it gets hard to quickly and easy find your desired profile.

Happy printing!
edboston

Re: Profile handling

I just came here looking to see if there was a sort option. Guess there isn't. Looks like the only way to do it would be to export each profile, delete them from S3D, then import them in the sorted order. What a pain. :(
SweHogelid

Just read another request for this and remembered that I had done that some time ago.
To be blunt it's just unbelievable that this option isn't available. With such a wast amount of different filaments, nozzle sizes and I guess that many of us have more than one printer. The profile list quickly becomes a total mess.
S3D-Jake

Hello and thanks for this great feedback, guys! This is is an existing feature request. We'll be monitoring this thread as well to gauge user interest.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
pstasek

I second that. Not a big deal but it would improve the user experience.

Also I would appreciate if the update machine definition in the profile was just a temporary for just the one slicing session and unclicking it would cancel the changes it made. Now I always have to revert back to my printer settings when opening factory files made by someone else.
3DLabPrint
3DWP

I would really like to see this changed. Profiles are just not easily managed in S3D now.
https://www.instagram.com/3dwp/
https://www.3dwp.nl
autonumous3D

Totally agree.....
Raise3D Pro Plus 2

Also material tab should be better bonded with machine profile. Also some backup folder for last saved version.
airsyspro

Count me in for Profile sorting. A real pain with out it when you have several different printers. Maybe a Directory for each printer would be an option.
Raise3D Pro Plus 2

Right. Fingers crossed.

Return to “Feature Requests”