npowell93
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm

How do get rid of this? under extrusion in corners...already tried retraction settings

Hi!
I have a 2 Qidi X-pros and this happens on both of them.
Any tips on how to eliminate this? I've tried the whole spectrum of retraction settings to the point where it was stringy all over and it still does it. I've tried slowing it down but it still happens. It happens with single extrusion prints as well.

I have single wall extrusion enabled, I have perimeter overlap up to 70%, gap fill allowed, outline overlap to 40%, minimum extrusion length to 0.2mm, and minimum printing width to 50% to try to fill all of those small gaps and walls. Speed is set to 60mm/s with an outline underspeed of 45% and solid infill underspeed of 45% (this lets those bottom solid layers and infill print fast). I put the extrusion multiplier up to 1.00 for PLA and temps of 205-215.

Any suggestions? I feel like now I've just messed with every setting possible. By the way, it is cheap filament, and is less prominent with a new nozzle but its still there.


Thanks!!!
Nick
Attachments
IMG_1141.jpg
IMG_1140.jpg
IMG_1139.jpg
playfutbol2
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:10 am

Re: How do get rid of this? under extrusion in corners...already tried retraction settings

Are you referring to the gaps / holes in the red areas? If so, I would try adding one or two to your number of "top solid layers" in the layer tab. This has helped to solve this issue for me. I think the gaps are due to the transition between interior infill and the top solid layers. You could also make a denser infill, which I think would help as well.

It would be nice if Simplify 3D added a "dense interior infill" option similar to dense supports, such that the last few layers of infill before a solid layer would be a little denser, giving that solid layer a little more to rest on...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”