PLAstickMan

Something similar to Cura's FuzzySkin

Hi, Hello to everyone,

long time reader, first time poster here. It's been over two years of flawless Simplify3D for me and I truely appreciate the no-nonsense nature of the software. I wandered into the CURA's recent videos and one feature caught my imagination. That is " Fuzzy Skin ". It may sound and really be gimmicky for the users of Simplify3D but when it's used sparingly the parts get an appearance that cannot be obtained otherwise. The " New Feature " request subforum has been locked for a while so I mention it as a new post.
Are there any settings available in Simplify3D to emulate the CURA's FuzzySkin ? Is it possible to include that feature in future developments of Simpliy3D so I don't ever have to go back to CURA for that one feature that I need often?
bludin

Re: Something similar to Cura's FuzzySkin

I just wanted to second that request. I'm very interested in this feature.
scolvin

Yes please!
charlieaf92

I'd be very interested in this feature as well!
jkprg

I'm more interested how to model it in fusion 360. It would give me a better control where I want it....
PLAstickMan

Organic elements like that appears to be easier to implement in Rhino
airsyspro

I also would like this feature.
PLAstickMan

Now that we are asking for this feature, we might as well beg Simplify3D to improve upon the CURA's implementation of their fuzzy-skin by giving us the option on outer or inner or top surfaces. Currently the fuzzy-skin in CURA has mind of it's own.
S3D-Jake

Thanks to all for expressing your interest. I've documented this feature request with our development team.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”