jevs

Re: Material Settings is just wrong.

blackbird2016 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:49 am And that is where you are wrong.
There is no need for separate profiles for every printer and material.
I own two printers and have exactly one (1) profile for each.
In that profile I just can change layer thickness, and materials and all other
related settings change automatically with it.
So every filament color and brand of the same type (PLA, ABS, Etc) works the same for you? This is a miracle! Wish it worked like that for me and everyone else. Or do you have tons of free time to figure it out over and over by only using those basic settings of one profile for a printer and then making it work for every print and filament?

In my mind we could have a setup for each printer and each filament and then start from that basic and much more dialed in base setting and tweak from there as needed with processes for a particular part.
blackbird2016

jevs wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:44 am So every filament color and brand of the same type (PLA, ABS, Etc) works the same for you? This is a miracle!
No!
Neither are filament types are all the same for me, nor is this a miracle.
I just moved the settings affected by the filament in the material-autoconfigure part of the fff profile.

I know, in the beginning it might be kind of confusing but once you understood that
those profiles could (and should) be modified to your likings and preferences you will find that quite handy.
Have a look here...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5977
dkightley

The one message I'm getting from all of these threads on profile management is that YES...there is the capability to set up quite complex settings around a simple selection criteria....but the whole damn system is very complex to set up without having to take time to sit down and learn what can and can't be done

The capabilities of S3d ARE IMMENSE....BUT THERE IS NO EASY WAY FOR THE INEXPERIENCED AND IMPATIENT TO GET STARTED.

This is the problem......not that the software has that bad a profile management.....but its not got any Noddy controls to get you started!. Not to mention the almost complete lack of decent documentation that explains thing simply and easily.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “Feature Requests”