sakphreak

Failed saving on network storage

Hi there,
I got S3D 4.1.1. When I try to save my GCode on my NAS, i get following failure. There's no problem when I want to save my GCode on my computer.

When I manually check the location, there's a GCode Temp-File in it with PROGRAMNAME.gcode.temp as name.
I also compared both files, they match 100%

Any advices how to get that away?

Greetings from germany,
Dennis
Attachments
s3d_4-1-1_saving_to_nas.PNG
s3d_4-1-1_saving_to_nas.PNG (14.42 KiB) Viewed 4823 times
S3D-Jake

Re: Failed saving on network storage

Are you running Simplify3D with administrator permissions?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
sakphreak

Yep, I'm running it with administrator permissions.

Also checked the shortcut option "Always run as admin".
sakphreak

Did test that, no difference when running as admin. Also checked the "Run as admin" box from the shortcut :|

€dit: I don't know why but my posts aren't posted live. sorry for doublepost. Still same problem!
s3030150

same problem, S3D v4.1.1 running on both Macintosh and Windows. Message "Failed to execute post processing commands" keeps popping up after saving almost any gcode to a network path. It's happening as well when saving gcode to Toshiba FlashAir webdav share.

Note that saving the GCODE file onto Desktop and copying to the desired network drive works without problem. Local gigabit network or slower wifi, does not make any difference.

this problem did not appear in version 4.0.1 at all. Never seen that message in 4.0.1

my post-processing script is here, there's nothing more than that:

Code: Select all

{REPLACE "; feature outer perimeter\n" "; feature outer perimeter\nM204 P800\n"}
{REPLACE "; feature inner perimeter\n" "; feature inner perimeter\nM204 P1000\n"}
{REPLACE "; feature solid layer\n" "; feature solid layer\nM204 P1000\n"}
{REPLACE "; feature infill\n" "; feature infill\nM204 P3500\n"}
----------------------------------------------------------
bottomline: stupid enough to buy this
S3D-Jake

After working with another user, the issue with running post processing commands seems to stem from the use of unicode characters (ä, ö, ü, eñe, kanji, etc...) in the file name or file path. Does your network storage or the name of the file you're saving use these unicode characters?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
wirlybird

S3D-Jake wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:25 pm After working with another user, the issue with running post processing commands seems to stem from the use of unicode characters (ä, ö, ü, eñe, kanji, etc...) in the file name or file path. Does your network storage or the name of the file you're saving use these unicode characters?
Also make sure the full "path" name isn't too long or large. There are limits to how many characters and folder levels you can have.
s3030150

nope, no special characters nor long path in my case.

http://10.0.0.9/ is mounted as /Volumes/10.0.0.9 with flags webdav, nodev, noexec, nosuid

if my problem came from some problem with path, it would happen every time. Sometimes it's enough to save the (previously saved with zero length + error message) file again and it saves correctly.

is there anything I can do to help identifying the problem? Does S3D log somewhere? this error message I'm getting with 4.1.1 is quite generic and does not say much
S3D-Jake

I'd try setting up another mount point without those flags for your G-code files to be saved and post processed. Post processing is executing commands on the already saved G-Code file, so at the least I'd suggest taking off the noexec flag.
s3030150

did not help unfortunately.

note that this is standard Mac disk mounting result. To be fair, it should work when I map the disk on the mac by pressing CMD+K and putting http://flashair_ip/ - it mounts and I should be able to use this drive.

I'm currently using version 4.0.1 which does not have this problem, at all. Also does not suffer from any vase mode problems

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”