ibgeek

Infill Auto Density feature

So today I'm printing a design that has A LOT of infill. To cut down on waist I'm printing at 5% infill. This is great for 80% of the print but there are a few areas where the infill is not dense enough to support some top layers without using 7 or 9 top layers to make up for the mess that the first couple layers are.

What would really be cool is if we could set the infill to AUTO DENSITY and then set a min density of say 5%. Then when the job is sliced it can add infill density where it might be needed to reduce bridging. I think this feature would be a HUGE improvement over what we have now.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Tony
Raise3D Pro Plus 2

Re: Infill Auto Density feature

You can set it manually right now by Z-axis.... but auto function it could be great idea.
Oncology Engineer

Hi Tony,

Agreed, an auto function would be good.

I'm certainly no expert on Simplify3d I'd approach this situation by manually adding support inside your model. It's kind of like selective infill.

Cheers,

Adam
ibgeek

I know you can kind of do it with separate processes but that only works on the Z axis. It would be nice if it worked on all axis and without having to break the print in to separate processes.

As to manually adding support within the print... Hmmm It's worth exploring but I'd still rather see it automated and it seems like it should be doable.
WarnerSmulp

Infill Auto Density feature

Hi-
Im also wondering about the infill settings. Is there any way to alter the infill pattern, angle, density, ect? It seems very boilerplate...
<a href="https://www.noriualaus.com/sanyo-3-cup-rice-cooker/">https://www.noriualaus.com/</a>

Return to “Feature Requests”