slipshine

Default Profile

I just finished uninstalling 1.0.7 installing 1.1.0.
Where can I find the New Default Profile for the m2?

When I first clicked add it showed the directory where I was storing my .fff profiles.
I then did a search for all .fff files and found none with a new date?

Thanks
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: Default Profile

Check out page 6 of the quick start guide. It shows you exactly where to find the different profiles that are included with Creator by default. They should already be listed in your Load Profile drop down list.
Karl_Williams

Is it correct that there are only 2 profiles in the drop down list, default_035mm_PLA.fff and MakerGear_M2_PLA.fff?
slipshine

I was just concerned since the file date didnt match the install date.

One other question

Are any of the other materials optimised on that profile or just the PLA.

I have just revied a roll of 618 nylon and didnt know if you had any pointers.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

You are correct. Currently there are only 2 profiles available; our default generic settings and the one specifically for the MakerGear M2. In reality, any of these profiles can be adapted for other materials and print qualities. For example, select the MakerGear_M2_PLA.fff profile and then choose ABS and High quality. Those auto-configuration options are intended to be used with the included profiles so the modifications are simple to make. As you print more you may want to start exporting more highly calibrated settings like M2_ABS_HighQuality_HollowPart.fff or something like that.

Slipshine - I would start by choosing the M2 profile and then selecting the Nylon material option. However, there isn't a lot of experience with Nylon right now, so you may have to do a bit of experimentation to get the best results. Maybe try using some of the new options in v1.1.0 to print different sections of a test model with different settings to see what region looks best.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”