JE Designs

Recalling an existing G code .

Hello , I have been using Simplify 3D for a few months now its an incredible slicer program ..

Now I have started using flexible materials in the last few weeks and just started using a different one from what I have been using before .

I did have to change the Process settings quite a bit to get the new material to work and had incredible success with it , I had to go back to my other flexible and noticed the print quality was awful ,, I went through all the checks to make sure the printer was in good shape ,, I did a full clean out of the old material to make sure it was not causing a problem , It came down to a setting I must have altered and cant find my original set up ..

Now when I go through the last of G codes I have used I can find one from a few days ago that printed just perfect , when I upload it is in preview mode , I exit preview mode to look at the process settings and it just shows the existing settings that I currently have .

Is there a way to look at my settings I used when I set up the original print ??
horst.w

Re: Recalling an existing G code .

No, not possible.

The GCode is the end of work and doesn't store any informations about slicers settings.
The only thing whats helping is to open a elder factory or you reset your computer to the last restore point of windows (after set a new one to the actual date).

horst.w
GER
dkightley

If you used S3D to create the gcode, then if you open the gcode file with a text editor, you'll find the settings listed as comments at the top of the gcode.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Oncology Engineer

Hi JE Designs,

I absolutely agree with Doug.

If you're using Microsoft it will open in Notepad and you'll see all the parameters that the printer will use to create the print.

Cheers,
Adam
horst.w

Surely Doug has right!
I thought only to the asked import into S3D.

I'm very sorry about that!

H.
S3D-Alex

Doug is correct but alternatively you can also go to File > Import FFF profile and select the gcode file you want the settings from. This will create a profile with the settings found in the header of the gcode.
horst.w

.... and where is this desirable option ducumented? I can't find anything, and I would use it in the past when well known.

horst.w
GER

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”