nerys

Deleting Hot end, Bed and Cooling configurations

Having a wee problem. I swear this worked fine in the past but it seems to be broken now.

hoping I can get it working again as I use it VERY extensively.

I will slice a model and set up multiple VS's processes.

what I then do is I go into all the secondary processes and I delete the hot end, heated bed, and cooling parameters. just straight up remove them.

this is critical. I will use this same gcode on multiple machines for multiple materials.

so I will start the print and then manually "set" my desired hot end temp bed temp and fan temp (if I want other than what its sliced for) on the printer itself.

this is why its critical to DELETE those temperature units in the secondary processes otherwise when the printer gets to that layer height it will "reset" my manually set parameters with the once in the gcode.

but if I DELETE those entirely in the secondary processes "nothing" resets the settings and it holds the settings I manually configured at the beginning of the print.

for example I might slice if for 220c 60c 100% (hot end bed and fan)

but now I want to print with proto pasta so I will change the 220c to 235c manually. if I left those configured in the secondary processes it would "reset" to 220c when it got to the next process.

if I want to print abs I will manually reset to 255c 120c 0% or petg 255c 90c 25%

all in the same gcode file.

this appears not to work anymore. simplify 3d is "adding back into" my processes default values (200 60 100) not even what I configured.

OK small update. it appears it DOES properly save my gcode the way I want it (no temp changes) but it DOES NOT save the factory file the way I want it (I am just starting to make heavier use of factory files now so this is why its come up as an issue now)

it seems when I make my changes and save the gcode it saves properly but when I save the factory file either on save or on open I have no idea which it "RE ADDS" default temp controllers and fan set points.

anyway to stop it from doing that?

I tried a work around of GROUPING all the processes except the first process figuring then I can just alter one and it will do them all instead of having to do it 7 times every darned time I open the file :-)

but no. it honors the group change for cooling set points but ignores the grouping for temperature controller. and I have to go into all 7 to remove the hot end temperature controller (it does not readd the bed controller)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKWx7dImhxU
suggestions?
horst.w

Re: Deleting Hot end, Bed and Cooling configurations

Do you have tried out the option of Post Processing to manipulate the GCode-File?

As an extern solution you can use an editor with a search and replace function to manipulate the gcode-file.
The value of the temperaturs to print are round about 2xx degrees and are "standing alone", there are no collisions with other values to fear.
If you have set the temperatures of all processes to zero, this zero-value is recalled when you re-open the factory. So you can search for M104 S0 and replace it with the actually wished command M104 S 2xx or with empty values or out-comment by ";". Uncheck the "Wait box" in the tab Temperature so you have no M109 commands in the file.
For other commands its the same. So you can clean up the file.

horst.w
GER
nerys

The G-Code is fine it correctly saves my G-Code the problem is when I save the factory file it does not save what I tell it to save it makes changes I did not ask for

I'm not setting the temperatures to 0 I'm deleting the temperature controllers entirely

Simplify3d is then adding those controllers during the save process even though I did not ask it to do so this is happening during the save process not the open process because when I open a file and then close the program it does not ask me to save so the change was already there

What I'm looking for is a way to stop simplify3d from RI adding those controllers when I did that ask it to

Well not the end of the world is a pain in the butt to have to delete them every time I edit the file :-)
horst.w

I havn't seen a solution inside of S3D in according to your post.
And it seems, there is no solution with S3D exept with the post processing function, what I havn't tested .
A external search and replace solution is for me the most commode methode.

Set the temperatures and others to zero is a fine base with the resulting gcode to make the changes.

Search & Replace allows i.e. also to
search: M104 ... and
replace: ;M104 add only a semicolon in front of the command line what is the same like deleting completly)

The post processing works similar.

H.
nerys

Won't setting the temperature to 0 turn off the heater?
horst.w

Last try
it isn't the question to deactivate the heaters, it is to create a mostly neutral gcode file to easy manipulate it separatly with a macro.
If you don't know the funktion of the comment-character " ; " you can't understand what I suggest. Than look for threads concerning post processing and study this : reprap.org/wiki/G-code

H.
nerys

Last try

I don't have to modify the G-Code the G-Code saves correctly

Let me reword that to make it clear

The G-Code saves the way I wish it to I do not have to modify the G-Code.

My problem is the factory file not the g code

Instead of insulting me you can try to understand what the problem that I'm having is

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”