reveds69

TAZ 6 Zero offset

Evening all,

Wonder if I might be able to ask some advice please the Taz 6 has a Z offset setting of 1.21mm in my machines particular case now when I use Lulzbot version of Cura and the machine starts a print it will enter pre print calibration by pressing the home button and then takes the print head through the cleaning strip and then systematically work its way to each corner and probes a raised washer in each corner twice the first time fairly quickly and then a lot slower the second time both times just making contact not moving the print bed.

I assume the Z offset is to inform the printer is to start printing 1.21mm below these washers.

Now I have moved to Simplify 3D the same process above starts the same however after the home button has been pressed the nozzle seems to be further into the cleaning pad and when touching the first calibration pad actually pushes the corner of the print bed down could someone please advise on where I need to alter either the machine or add info to the software to account for this problem.

Im really sorry if this is a well trodden path I just need a hand up to get me on my way please in a manner I can understand.
simplifyba

Re: TAZ 6 Zero offset

You have probably already sorted this out but the offset is normally a negative number, so in your case the offset is probably going to be -1.21.
Aha

Re: TAZ 6 Zero offset

Hope you fixed this, especially as the latest firmware update removed any use for zoffset from the cura version. The leveling and starting code should be the same, the main difference will be that s3d still can implement the zoffset in the gcode if you need it after leveling.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”