Unordung

Paid updates!?

Hello,
I purchased S3D in January 2016, at the time of purchase I was not provided sufficient warning that future updates of the S3D software would require further payment. My receipt does not provide any indication that the software I was purchasing had a limited time frame for updates / support nor did the website as can be seen using the wayback machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160409225 ... m/buy-now/

Had I been fairly warned of this I would have opted not to purchase the already quite expensive software. My question is, since I was not forewarned that I was buying a limited support / update license of the software can I either be

A) Exempt from being charged for future updates.
B) Receive a refund for the software.

Kind regards,
Johann
S3D-Jake

Re: Paid updates!?

Version 5 will be a massive update to our product, so there will be a small upgrade fee required to upgrade to this new version. If you have already purchased a Simplify3D license in the past, you will not need to buy a full license again, there will only be a small upgrade fee required. We will be providing more information about features and upgrade pricing later in the year as the release gets closer.

We also have more updates planned for Version 4 which we are working on at the same time. You can continue receiving updates to Version 4, and can keep using that version, even if you do not wish to upgrade to Version 5.

I'm not aware of any marketing from our team indicating that upgrades would be provided free of charge indefinitely, but if you still have specific questions about your order or terms, please feel free to email us directly so that we can discuss it further.
https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
xapon66

Re: Paid updates!?

Why didn't you initiate a crowdfunding for this release 5.0 ?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”