feler

4.1.1: Profile update not saved on disk until program exit

Changing some process settings and click on "update Profile". I would expect, that the profile has been saved. But an hour later, simplifi3d crashed. Unfortunately all my profile updates are lost. The profile will be really saved after click on exit the program. Now I exit and restart the program after updating the profile. That is really annoying.
S3D-Jake

Re: 4.1.1: Profile update not saved on disk until program exit

Hi,

I'm having trouble re-creating this scenario on my computer. After I change process settings, click update profile, click okay to exit the process settings window, then force close the software. The changes to that profile are still saved and able to be loaded when I open the edit process settings window.

Can you please clarify: Are your profile changes lost or are your processes in the process list gone?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
feler

Hi Jake,
thank you for trying to reproduce that issue. My description was a bit misleading. Reproduce it in that way:

Do some profile changes and click on update profile.
Now simulate the crash on command prompt with the command
taskkill /F /IM Simplify3D.exe

Using task manager is different and does not show the behavior.
Run s3d again. Now the profile changes are lost.

You have tested my workaround to prevent losses on s3d crash.
dragonn

This is true on Linux too. Just do a hard shutdown of you computer to experience it.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”