gavatron3000

Smart pillar and ramming

As title suggests I'd like to see a smart prime pillar that uses support style infill when there isn't a tool change that layer, stops when there isn't anymore tool changes.
And add ramming settings or purge retracts for single Hotend multi Material printers
manueloya

Re: Smart pillar and ramming

And it would be interesnate to allow to reduce the number of pillars as the impression is ending in those colors.
When I have a single color to print in the end of the print , I generate a process and I disable the pillars and the printer stops spend more material for pillars , should allow to disable pillars at the end of using their color definitely
gavatron3000

Even with 4.1.1 I'm still using filaswitch in post processing to achieve the functionality that I think is required for multi Material single Hotend machines. Least the pillar is actually smart and adaptive using filaswitch
daveyob

I would also like to have the prime pillar stop once there are no longer any color/material changes. Having the pillar continue after the print is no longer changing wastes material and print time.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the great suggestion! More intelligent fill patterns / percentages would be a nice feature to add to our already enhanced prime pillar logic. I've documented your requests and forwarded to our development team. I'll keep monitoring this thread to see what other ideas surface.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”