iHover

extruder heating stops when print starts

I have an anycubic I3 mega. Its been working fine for the last week and Ive done a dozen or so prints. No out of the blue its started having an issue.
when printing from the computer the bed and extruder heat up to temp. but as soon as the print starts the extruder stops heating. on the printers display during the preheat it show the target temp of the extruder as 235 but once the print starts it goes to zero.
I'm not sure why this is happening. Is there a setting that I inadvertently changed that could have caucused this?
Update: I reset all the settings in simplify and started from square one again. this didn't fix the issue. Everything preheats fine. But as soon as the print starts the target temp of the bed and extruder reset to zero (monitored in the printers screen) as soon as this happens temps start falling to room temp.
airscapes

Re: extruder heating stops when print starts

What set points do you have in the temp tab for the process? What version of S3D are you using? I have noticed most people don't post version info and 4.0 and 4.0.1 are apparently somewhat different..
iHover

I have version 4.0.1 .
there is only the starting setpoint that was setup by default in the per layer temp setpoitns.
for extruder
It says Layer 1 temp 225.
for bed
It says Layer 1 temp 100.
iHover

Update: setup the printer in repetier host and it works just fine. print bed and extruder heat up and stay at temp though tout print.
the target value showen on the printer for extruder and bed stay set to the same temp that they pre heat to.

It looks like for some reason simplify is resetting the temps to zero at the begining of the print.
looka

have you solved? i have the same problem...
kscheff

I ran into the same issue on my Anycubic I3 Mega (Model 2018). It is not related to S3D. When printing from the SD card it seems that the firmware has issues reading the SD card FAT32 format correctly. This happens when you overwrite files many time on the card, then the firmware is not able to correctly read the file anymore (probably due to the many deleted entries in the FAT32 structure). Even simple reformatting the SD card (macOS 10.13.5) did not help. The only method working was to securely erase the SD card (by overwriting random data, see macOS disk tool) and then rewrite the gcode file for printing. Other report same issues and recommend swapping SD cards, but completely erasing the card fixed the issue. I did not have the patience to wait for a complete erase, so I did abort it after a short while, then did a simple FAT32 format and continued working :D
delvach

I've been using Simplify3D with a Flashforge Creator Pro for a few years now and this issue just started happening to me.

It was working fine. It will pre-heat, but when I start a print it turns off the extruder heater, will only heat the bed. I've tried re-exporting the model, tweaking the settings, making absolutely sure it's using the correct extruder. I've tried switching extruders, and it refuses to heat either of them during a print, only pre-heating.

I tried different SD cards, same exact behavior.

Using S3D 4.0.1
delvach

I still can't figure this out. It's definitely an issue with Simplify3D. I'm ready to re-format my computer just to try and solve this.
S3D-Alex

delvach wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:07 pm I still can't figure this out. It's definitely an issue with Simplify3D. I'm ready to re-format my computer just to try and solve this.
Can you please post the Factory File you are currently using?
kaz1977

I have the same issue and it turns out it might be the fan blowing onto the hot end during printing. I’m going to play with fan speeds and see if it resolves.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”