S3D-Jake

Re: Automatic dynamic layer heights

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! We'll keep an eye on this thread for more great ideas and interest from our community.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
julmar

This is a feature to be implemented as soon as possible to level Cura.
Thank you in advance !
mpentenr

This is a feature to be implemented as soon as possible to level the other slicers and make users life's easier
antodn

It would be very useful also decide a multi zone layer... I mean not only on z axis but also in x/y.

Let me say... Immagine if you have you have feature, like a thread, it would be awesome if you could say that for that feature (or zone) the layer thrikness must be ie. 0.05 but only for it!

This could be a real improvement!
joenetking

+1 It would be nice to specify a layer height range in S3D. S3D to reduce the jaggies by reducing the layer height when the span of a step breaks a threshold.
GIL3D

You just can't make a transition zone with multiprocess. It would take countless processes.
Create various processes take a huge time, let the CPU do it!
vdamiani

PLEASE ADD adaptive layer heights! I've ALWAYS wanted/needed this feature. Is VERY tedious to create multiples process. And the computer knows the surface angles so it would be an automated process. Please please!
joost

+1 For this request. At the moment making a series of layer height adjustments is pretty fiddly unbecoming for software in 2019. Also add the ability to have some interaction ie., if we can select min/max layer height, the resulting layer height(s) should be visualized on the model while I can make changes to the parameters. Not this back and forth dialogs open/closing business please.
kayazuki

+1
I see this massively huge request hasn't had a satisfying result after nearly a whole year..
Could the developers perhaps confirm whether or not they are working on the implementation of this?

I guess the ideal functionality for everyone would be to be able to set the following:
- add a checkbox to allow adaptive layer height in the current process to happen;
- the max horizontal allowed layer shift that'll trigger a different layer height;
- 2 separate values for the + and - deviation/tolerance (define separately rather than a 1 value tolerance) to determine the upper and lower limit of allowed layer heights around the base height of the process.

This is not a complex thing to add, it's there in the free slicers already.
Please add this and at least show some confirmation of development...?

I'm in my 2 week trial period, but no adaptive layer height is really a bit of a deal breaker for me.. :-(

Return to “Feature Requests”