stuartw

Multiple infills per object

I am having trouble figuring out how to re-enforce sections of a model. I found this article https://www.simplify3d.com/support/arti ... f-a-model/ which details how to use multiple processes to change the infill when slicing vertically, but I want to re-enforce vertical regions around say a bolt-hole but not the entire layer. Here is an example model, the sections in blue needs to have a higher infill % than the areas which are not.
perspective.PNG

I have looked at just increasing the number of shells and that sort of works, but it's a bit of a sledge hammer and creates hard inside corners:
shells.PNG
Is it possible to do what I want within the software?
S3D-Alex

Re: Multiple infills per object

The functionality you describe is not currently available in Simplify3D but it is a fantastic suggestion. I am moving this to Feature Requests so that other users can chime in as to how they feel about this. Thank you for your input!
MicroVoxel

Perhaps a feature that allows different shell settings on selected holes.
Personal Printer: Replicator 2
Yeah... I need to upgrade...
Technopaul

Hello
thank you for having detailed this feature is exactly what I need.
It is essential for the realization of mechanical parts.
shocksofmighty

These is easily achieved in other slicers (Cura, Slic3r) by using mesh modifiers that can be placed at specific parts of the model and various settings can then be adjusted. This is probably the best way to do this unless there ends up being a way to do specific vertex selection on the model itself.
gearsawe

This is a feature in stratasys insight software. It goes about process a file completely different.
step one a part is sliced in to contour layers. each contour on each layer can be assign a different process group.
Then supports contour for support are added.
Then the material paths are processed.

It is a pain you can do this in CAD, you basically have to create a ring. Import the file have it separate non manifold edged. This ring is the assigned another process.
Extra Walls.jpg

Return to “Feature Requests”