Syafiq

Z axis offset

Hi all

Is there any setting ( i'm not sure if i missed any setting about that ) that allow the user to offset the Z-axis.
My printer will print parts with below condition

without raft : part height will reduce ~ 0.3 mm from actual height
with raft : part height will be +/- 0.1 mm from actual height

Of course l can always print with raft, but it will be wasteful to add raft for large part not to mention time consuming.

I would like to avoid calibrating the Z-axis and only will do it as final resort.
horst.w

Re: Z axis offset

Tab GCode in the Settings window.

But Z-Offset is finetuning, arrange the bed properly first.
Actually I'm using - 0,12 mm Z-Offset on the one and + 0,15 mm on the 2nd printer for best sticking on the bed.
The positive Z-Offset I need on the A8 because I have mounted a BuildTak sheet there. With normal setting the prints are sticking as strong as concrete on it.

horst.w
GER

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2366
wirlybird

I agree, use the Z-Offset on the gcode tab for fine tuning only. Get everything else dialed in such as bed leveling.
On my printers I get everything going so PLA prints just right and the first layer height is good (Z-Offset at 0).
Then I adjust the Z-Offset in my ABS profile since it usually needs a little more gap for me.
This way once my bed is leveled for PLA and everything is good I can just switch to my ABS profile and am good to go. Don't need to mess with the bed!
Aha

I hope you mean you only want to RE calibrate your Z rarely, you should definitely do it at least once really well first. Then some of the marlin firmware lets you set Z offset if it's flat but just off of the mechanical switch/firmware a bit. But the gcode tab process settings lets you offset all of the coordinates so you don't need to tune the hardware (as others mentioned).

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”