Cor

Make a part of a print solid , but not all

Hello all ,

I am Making a small case for some electronics and some batteries. Both ends I want to insert a screw. Infill is 15% which is fone for the print , but the 2 ends I would like to have 100% infill . is this possible? I read it is possible to make a hotizontal part diifferent as the rest of a print , but I couldn't fine anything for a vertical part.
1.jpg
The part circled red I would like to have 100% infill.

Many thanks,
Cor
wirlybird

Re: Make a part of a print solid , but not all

The first thing that comes to mins on a small area like that is to increase the number of perimeters and see if it helps. It increases them for the whole print but on a small area it may make it solid.

You can also look on the infill tab and see what the min infill distance is set at. Default is 5 I think so you could reduce that and it may help.
Cor

@ Wirlybird: yes , playing a bit with the infill tab made the difference. Maybe in the duture it will be possible to make parts of an object with more infill as another part.

Thanks
wirlybird

Cor wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:32 am @ Wirlybird: yes , playing a bit with the infill tab made the difference. Maybe in the duture it will be possible to make parts of an object with more infill as another part.

Thanks
Glad it worked out. I agree there are areas for an improvement here.
zemlin

One thing I did was to "drill" some very small holes through the area that I wanted filled in. I don't recall the size, but maybe .004". Going too small caused issues with the STL file. S3D then drew perimeters around all the little holes, so by matching the hole spacing to the total perimeter X2 I was able to make just the desired areas of the model solid.
gearsawe

This pretty much describes what you wish to have.
https://manual.slic3r.org/advanced/modifier-mesh

Return to “Feature Requests”