upsm

Re: Ironing

heavily staffed developer area
Staffed by what? Furniture? Plants? I am 100% sure it's not staffed by developers as if we look at the change-log for past few years I'd say you have one developer tops working below 10% of the time. I don't want to insult anyone but sentences like that are insult to your users :( I assume you will, like usual, delete this comment but I had to write it.
Used cars search engine
  • TT UP Plus 2 / Smoothieware
  • M150 / Smoothieware
  • Custom (mendel) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Marlin
  • Custom (darwin) / Replicape
Rewire

I wouldn't mind paying to upgrade for a fully featured update, but it would have to be quite a bit of an upgrade though.

I wouldn't pay per-feature.

I also wouldn't pay for a subscription.

I would pay for a one time large expansion.
S3D-Jake

upsm wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:59 pm
heavily staffed developer area
Staffed by what? Furniture? Plants? I am 100% sure it's not staffed by developers as if we look at the change-log for past few years I'd say you have one developer tops working below 10% of the time. I don't want to insult anyone but sentences like that are insult to your users :( I assume you will, like usual, delete this comment but I had to write it.
I appreciate your criticisms. Over the past several years you're correct, we've been understaffed in that area. We have been looking for more talent in that area on a regular basis. And we've been steadily growing both in numbers of developers and their skill sets. However, I was talking about our team as it stands today, not last year or the year before that.

We're looking to improve in several areas and are glad that we have a great following of users that will point out when changes need to be made. As our newsletter stated, we'll be sharing more about everything 5.0 related later this year.

Lets try and keep future discussion in this thread based on Ironing. :D
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
SpacedCowboy

S3D-Jake wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:44 pm
bolsoncerrado wrote: I think the whole S3D project is dead by now....

Cura and Sl1C3R are better every second...and FREE, so no S3D income = no S3D development
We're here and we're working. I sit a few seats away from our heavily staffed developer area and trust me they are heads down on some exciting stuff! Ironing is something that another user in this exact thread has detailed how to perform. (Twice Actually) viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8187#p35240

Have you tried the method(s) linked above?
How did it work for you?
How would you like Simplify3D to provide this sort of functionality?
Are there things you don't like about how this works or how other slicers have provided this to you?
The method above is very tedious to do for any other than a final top layer. Ironing ought to be performed on any top-level level flat surface. There could be dozens to a hundred or more in a print.

Ideally I’d like S3D to identify where it could iron, and allow me to deselect any surfaces I didn’t want ironed, surface by surface. I’d also want S3D to time-average the ironing so that corners didn’t get disproportionate attention.
AFPV

+1 I consider this mandatory for a slicer! The post above is a great suggestion on how to do it, but simply being able to enable it in the process menu via a checkbox with some associated scalars would be fine.
McClean

+1 i really like to have this feature too
Esmax666

omg the request is from 2017, and still no release date is plant :S
xepherys

mixdup wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 am I too would love to see this feature, however a smart version that allows for all or some top surfaces to be ironed. A manual tool much like the "Add support" method in reverse would be awesome.
Cheers
Ah nice - that's a really good idea!
hidara@gmail.com

+1
thesaint7811

Soooooo...... any update on this or when 5.0 is coming out?

Return to “Feature Requests”