Math51

Delata robot machine definition

Hello,

I use Simplify3D with my Micro Delta Rework from eMotion-Tech.
This printer is a delta printer with a build volume of 150mm diameter and 200mm height.

I downloaded the Simplify3D process profil provided by eMotion-Tech for the Micro Delta Rework.
And I was very surprised by the Machine definition setting :
.................................X-Axis..........Y-Axis...........Z-Axis
Build Volume.........110mm........110mm........180mm
Origin Offset..........55mm..........55mm..........0mm
Homing dir.............Center.........Center..........Max

I design a 150mm cylinder that I import in Simplify3D in order to test the diameter : this cylinder fill perfectly the build volume modeled in Simplify3D :
Capture.PNG
So I don't understand why, for a build volume with a diameter of 150mm, you have to define X-Axis and Y-Axis to 110mm ?

If I had to configure the printer in Simplify3D myself, I would have set this setting (as I have done in Repetier-Host or CURA) :
.................................X-Axis..........Y-Axis...........Z-Axis
Build Volume.........150mm........150mm........200mm
Origin Offset..........75mm..........75mm..........0mm
Homing dir.............Center.........Center..........Max

And I try this settings in Simplify3D... but the build volume modeled in Simplify3D becomes wider than the real printer build volume (checked with 150mm cylinder).

So, I realy don't understand how the Machine Definition Setting works in Simplify3D : could anyone help me ?

Thank a lot !

Mathieu
ziever

Re: Delata robot machine definition

110mm is dimension of biggest square that can fit into 150 ish build platform circle - confusing but its true :D
Math51

Hello,

Thanks for your answer !
What is confusing is how you define the bed size for a delta printer in Simplify3D : using the square inscribed in the circle of the bed.
In Cura (the previous slicer that I have used before Simplify3D), there is also the X and Y parameter to define for a Delta Printer, but you directly enter the diameter in X and Y.

Thanks !

Math
dkightley

The definition of the bed size is not the only difference in settings between slicer software. Each producer has their own way of doing things, and there's no "standard" for producers to follow like there is for say video recorders.

If everything worked exactly the same, how boring life would be!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”