dennisjm

Adjusting Time estimates in 4.1

Great work on making the timing more accurate. I've been wanting this as my estimates on time are generally 2/3 of actual print time.

So.. I sliced a model that I just sliced in 4.0 yesterday and printed.
4.0 estimated print time 5.5 hours
Actual print time 7.5 hours
4.1 estimated print time 6.85 hours

It's much closer! But it seems if I could tweak the acceleration setting somewhere to let S3D know that my printer has a pretty high setting on that (to avoid ringing) that the estimate could be even closer.

Is there a way to do that or do we just have to always trust the internal settings? I searched around the dialogs but didn't see anything.
gearsawe

Re: Adjusting Time estimates in 4.1

Is your print just a single nozzle? And yes wound be nice to tweak the setting. Looked all over the interface. have not found anything tied to time estimation.
gearsawe

Also would be nice if there was there variable we could use in the scripting language to lets say display print time remaining in message on the printer display. Yes? So we could then display time remaining after a layer change.
cybrsage

gearsawe wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:40 pm Also would be nice if there was there variable we could use in the scripting language to lets say display print time remaining in message on the printer display. Yes? So we could then display time remaining after a layer change.
The Prusa version of Slic3r does this. Could be specifically written code to take advantage of something inside the printer itself...dunno.
Jbc

+1

I now multiply the time by 30% to get pretty close.
Seems a multiplier for time would be a nice addition. Just allow you to take the time the program shows you allows you to multiply that by 'X.'

Did I already mention +1?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”