cd_edwards

[FIXED] NEW_TOOL/OLD_TOOL

Here is something I believe is a bug. I have 2 extruders and 1 hotend. Everything works fine if I start the print using Tool 0. However, If I start a print trying to use Tool 1, Simplify resets andthinks that we started with Tool 0 always. What I've done is to enter a T1 from the prompt switching to Tool 1. My profile is set to print from Tool 1. I have a filament switching script setup to run. One of the first things it does is M117 old tool = [old_tool] new tool = [new_tool]. When starting a print this always says old tool = 0 new tool = 1. For some reason, old tool is not 1 which it should be as I told simplify to use T1 as the tool.

What should happen in the tool change script, is that Tool 1 should retract 115mm, and then reinsert 115mm from tool 1. Instead, Tool 0 retracts 115mm and then T1 attempts to reinsert 115mm even though it is already fully inserted. This of course causes a issue with the amount of filament on the bed.
cd_edwards

Re: NEW_TOOL/OLD_TOOL

I'm surprised that nobody else has noticed this oddball behaviour.
PicoTreed

Re: [FIXED] NEW_TOOL/OLD_TOOL

Hi Edwards,
how did you solve the problem?
I'm using the 4.1.1 version and the bug seems to persist.

I'm able to detect a true nozzle change (by comparing [old_tool ] and [new_tool] values) in the Tool Change Script, but when the print session start with the nozzle T1, Simplify3D think that the [old_tool ] is 0 (zero)!
Thus my script detect a "fake" nozzle change, injecting undesired commands (es. nozzle cleaning).

Thank you!
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
cd_edwards

Re: [FIXED] NEW_TOOL/OLD_TOOL

there has been no response from simplify3d about this issue. This occurs when you do a G28. For some reason simplify3d resets the tool to 0 at the same time.
PicoTreed

Re: NOT [FIXED] NEW_TOOL/OLD_TOOL

This problem is NOT fixed!
Simplify3D keep to set the [old_tool] value as "0" (zero) during the print start also when you start printing with T1, thus injecting your conditional Tool Change Script commands (es. nozzle cleaning) at the beginning of your print.

Dear Simplify3D team, please stop the software on "thinking" that a true tool change happens at the print start.

Thank you!

P.S. I've post a detailed description about this kind of "issue" (call it as you want) but admin had deleted the post and I still don't know why.
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”