stamerradaniel

add parametrable circle, rectangle for first layer

hi, i nice tool to add parametrable circle, rectangle for first layer, for better first layer support
S3D-Jake

Re: add parametrable circle, rectangle for first layer

Thanks for your ideas. Can you maybe elaborate on what it is exactly you'd like to see? The implementation and design of this feature can probably be done in a multitude of ways. So some clarification on what you'd like to see would likely help our development team know where the user base's feelings are centered.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
stamerradaniel

when i insert a stl file or obj in simplify some time the part that touch the bed is too small , i create in fusion 360 a cube or circle to integrate in simplify under my stl model an after that the project to print is much more resistent on the bed, thats the idea, before printing integrate a 2 or 3 layer high cube or circle, an i can define the dimension under my part
zemlin

Sounds like you want a skirt/brim.
JohnyWalter

Yes, there is integrate 2-3 times, it will be better. I agree with stamerradaniel.
wirlybird

A brim will pretty much already do this.
You can set how wide it is needed and how many layers high you want.

If you have something else in mind maybe some pictures would help to describe.
tonyno

You don't always need extra material around the entire perimeter.

I do as he does, inserting cylinders and cubes. Another handy one would be an annular ring with variable inner and outer diameter.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for clarifying the needs for this feature / functionality. I've logged the request with our development team. I'm monitor this thread for any additional ideas relating to first layer adhesion enhancements.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”