Flack

S3D Profile for MMU2

Is there any news on this profile for the MMU2, it would be great if we could get one, as its a lot to pay out for this software and not be able to use it for the Prusa Mk3 MMU2. :o
cybrsage

Re: S3D Profile for MMU2

Flack wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:47 pm Is there any news on this profile for the MMU2, it would be great if we could get one, as its a lot to pay out for this software and not be able to use it for the Prusa Mk3 MMU2. :o
Do not expect it any time soon, due to the complexity of it, but I agree it would be wonderful.
tmcdermaid

This needs to be addressed by the Tech Team or Management of Simplify3D. I am truly dumbfounded by the fact Simplify3D does not support the Prusa Mk3 MMU2 considering how many users of Simplify3D own the Prusa MK3 with an MMU 2.0. To use my MMU 2.0 I must set aside Simplify3D which makes me sick. Not because I paid for the software, it makes me sick to set aside Simplify3D because I love this software and was using it daily. The fact remains, the MMU 2.0 concept is amazing so without Simplify3D supporting the MMU, Simplify3D will continue to lose the business of thousands and the numbers will grow to the tens of thousand. The bottom line is, to use the Prusa MK3 MMU 2.0, Simplify3D must be set aside. I truly hope Simplify3D realizes the amount of business they have lost and will continue to loose unless they quickly react to the need for MMU support.
thekkiinngg

It Is a Dream !!!!!!!! Please s3d team make it works for MMU 2.0 !
McClean

+1
shocksofmighty

You can still use S3D with MMU2. You just have to use a post-processor for your tower: https://github.com/spegelius/filaswitch
S3D-Jake

Have you tried contacting our support team for help with printing on this machine? https://www.simplify3d.com/contact
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
MattOlsen

I contacted S3D support and asked this question: Does, or will, Simplify3D perform/slice and write G-code for multicolor prints for Prusa's MMU2S?

This is their reply: "Thank you for your question. I am happy to help. We are currently working on better support for the Prusa MMU 2.0. Simplify3D already supports up to 6 extruders, so it can be used for the MMU with a custom profile. The tool change retraction is somewhat poorly documented, so please watch this closely and let us know if there is any unexpected behavior. Please try the attached profile. Follow these steps to import and use the profile:

Download the attached file.
Open Simplify3D, go to File > Import FFF Profile, and navigate to the saved profile. This will import the settings into the software.
To start using these new settings, click Edit Process Settings, and the choose the new entry at the very bottom of the Select Profile drop down list.

Regards,

~Simplify3D Support"
Attachments
Prusa_i3_MK3_MMU2_PLA_r3.fff
(21 KiB) Downloaded 1120 times
greglwood

Ok, It's says 195 downloads of this attachment. Can anyone post and tell us if and/or how well it works?

I currently have a Taz 5 but really like the PRUSA MMU option. Dual color with two heads is almost impossible to get right unless only one color exists for a given layer.

Don't like slic3r thought and I'm considering buying a PRUSA with MMU and S3D, but if it doesn't work then I just limp by until someone/thing other than slic3r supports it.

Thanks
S3D-Jake

greglwood wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:27 am Ok, It's says 195 downloads of this attachment. Can anyone post and tell us if and/or how well it works?

I currently have a Taz 5 but really like the PRUSA MMU option. Dual color with two heads is almost impossible to get right unless only one color exists for a given layer.

Don't like slic3r thought and I'm considering buying a PRUSA with MMU and S3D, but if it doesn't work then I just limp by until someone/thing other than slic3r supports it.

Thanks
We have this machine in our office. It works well with our profile. Give our support team a shout after you get your user account setup and we'd be happy to help walk you through setting the profile up with your new printer.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”