MicroVoxel

Button to Reset Current Profile to User Defined Defaults

I am constantly making changes to my profile settings and many times I want to go back to what I had set before. I currently do this by selecting a different profile, clicking "No" so changes aren't saved, then selecting that profile again. A button that would do this functionality would definitely speed up my process and be more convenient.

I'm curious if other users would be interested in this feature. If you're interested, reply below!
Personal Printer: Replicator 2
Yeah... I need to upgrade...
JohnyWalter

Re: Button to Reset Current Profile to User Defined Defaults

Yes, it's really interesting, such a button will speed up our work.
S3D-Jake

Brilliant suggestion! I know we've received similar requests from some of the schools we've worked with so that their lab computers could all be setup to use an identical starting profile. I've logged your specific feedback for our development team to review. I'll monitor this topic for any additional suggestions relating to profile defaults and reverting to them quickly.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
MicroVoxel

Funny you bring that up because people keep using my profile at school. That brings up a similar idea.

I have an S3D license and my school also has one. Would it be possible to implement a way to login on my account at school to use my profiles, edit them as needed, save them, and logout with them being saved somewhere?

Maybe something similar to an FFF file saved on a flash drive that can be imported with the saved profiles.

In essence, a per user profile system.
S3D-Jake

MicroVoxel wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:20 pm Funny you bring that up because people keep using my profile at school. That brings up a similar idea.

I have an S3D license and my school also has one. Would it be possible to implement a way to login on my account at school to use my profiles, edit them as needed, save them, and logout with them being saved somewhere?

Maybe something similar to an FFF file saved on a flash drive that can be imported with the saved profiles.

In essence, a per user profile system.
Thanks for your additional feedback! Our development team loves hearing from users with out of the box ideas such as this.

The profiles in Simplify3D installs are currently stored on the local machine rather than saved to a cloud share linked to your profile. This would certainly constitute a different feature request entirely. I'd suggest adding your feedback to this thread where other users have suggested similar improvements in that same vein. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3264
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
MicroVoxel

The other half of that suggestion was locally based. Just bring a flash drive with a file on it that, when imported to S3D, would display all your profiles. A good comparison would be AutoCAD’s CUI files.

Return to “Feature Requests”