MeinerSeiner

Not soild with 100% Infill

Hi!

I have underextrusion at internal printing parts. I checked the mechanics, calibrated the extruder and also made a comparison test with another slicer. In my opinion, this behavior must be due to some setting I made in Simplify.

First and top layer as well as the outer walls are good, only in the inside there is underextrusion. The first few layers are printed correctly but from a certain height the problem starts. I have the feeling that it starts after the "Top solid Layers" are printed. In the area where infill should be (here infill = 100% = solid) I get underextrusion.

Here is a picture of a aborted test print and my settings. Has anyone ever had something similar?
extruder.jpg
Filament Frenzy Creality Ender 3(2) (modified).fff
(11.85 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
quualudes

Re: Not soild with 100% Infill

Did you get this sorted out yet?
MicroVoxel

It doesn’t answer why but you could try checking off solid infill layers and change it to every 1 layers.
Personal Printer: Replicator 2
Yeah... I need to upgrade...
jimbalny

I'm having almost the opposite issue with the latest version of simplify3d (4.1.1) just my first layer is always being under extruded, thought it was maybe because my first layer height was 77% and the software expects the first layer to get squished but after changing my z-offset to make it so layer height is set at 100% I'm still getting the same issue doesn't matter how far or close I am to the bed it's been driving me nuts trying to find the issue with my printer but alas it's another issue with simplify3d. Weird because it worked fine a week ago and I changed nothing in my presets. The only solution I've found after countless hours of troubleshooting was to switch to cura recently updated with a nice new GUI *hint hint* fix the bugs and make a nicer gui already! I really am getting to the end of my rope with this software. Mad that I paid good money for a slicer and a free open source program is more reliable, intuitive, has more infill patterns. And I used to be a big fan of S3D and recommended it to anyone with a 3d printer - but lately it seems each new release is as underwhelming and buggy as the last.
MeinerSeiner

@ MircoVoxel

I´m sorry but I couldn´t find that option. I thought I would find it under "Infill" but unfortunately I´m not.

For know I switch to Cura as well because i couldn´t find a reason. I will wait for the next update of simplify and then try again.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”