St0mp

Mosaic Palette2

will there any possibility for simplify3d to support the mosaic pallette 2?
JTK

Re: Mosaic Palette2

Although Mosaic's Chroma software can process gcode produced by S3D, I would also like to see support for the Mosaic Palette 2 within S3D itself, specifically:

1) An option to see filament length consumed in print preview between layer/line markers (maybe a sliding adjustable bar to pick starting/end points). This would make pattern mode, gradient mode, etc. for the Palette 2 much more easier to use to get the desired output.
2) Assign colors for print preview per toolhead to get a more accurate representation of the output.
3) An additional option to launch an external app with the gcode filename as a parameter instead of "Save toolpaths to disk".

Some more non-Palette related:
4) Ability to create a master template process with certain parameters locked down in child processes. Then a workflow to create child processes based on the master template.
5) Support for speed advance setting for retractions (see this article: http://www.sublimelayers.com/2016/10/so ... racts.html)
mpentenr

+1
S3D-Jake

Great ideas guys! Thanks for your excellent feedback. As was already stated, their software already works well with post processing our G-code files. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what new ideas and interest is generated by our community.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
B-H-S

I am also keen to get support for the Palette2, having just purchased the 2Pro I would like to keep using S3D I purchased the Palette having already got hold of the MMu2s I thought it would not be supported by S3D and had a few issues with the MMu2s layout ect.. I REALY hope s3D takes this onboard, I have no problems with upgrading to v5 when it arrives and paying for it,, as long as I find it evolving with the new hardware on the Market....
dattrax

Can I put a request in for this. Their transition towers are printed too fast and with no skirts, so its always a risk it either warps or doesn't stick to the build plate. I'm sure with more knowledge of the print/slicing you could do a better job with the waste in the transition tower.

Return to “Feature Requests”