bowie1959

after slicing missing parts in the sliced Modell

Hi All,
Just checking a coupe of entries here in the forum, I did not find any solution perhaps someone could assist or help to find a solution.
Attached are to Screenshots showing the Problem.
1. from 2019-04-03 at 11.07.33 is showing the unsliced drawing out of Fusion 360 as STL (the Yellow body)
2. from 2019-04-03 at 11.10.24 Is showing the sliced modell and within the 1/3 section from botton you will see that the outer wall is missing

Is there any one who could assist me findeing the error in the slicing process.
The same as in 1. sliced with CURA is without any problems.

I'm using an Ender 3 Pro which is included in the printer list of Simplify3D.
I would like to attach also my settings but I don't know how, because I'm new in 3D printing and the used Software.

Kind regards
Willi
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-03 um 11.10.24.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-03 um 11.07.33.png
dkightley

Re: after slicing missing parts in the sliced Modell

Based on a guess as the info you've given for us to diagnose the problem is a bit sparse.....try using the "Separate Connected Surfaces" option on the Mesh dropdown menu.

If you get one or more extra parts in the model list then there's a good chance the issue will be resolved.

If not, please post a factory file ( File menu===>Save Factory file) so someone can take a look at exactly what you have done....

EDIT: Another thing you could try is running the shape file through one of the online repair services...or if you have Windows 10, load the shape into the 3D Builder app...and it will have ago at repairing it automatically as it loads...then save and re-try.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
bowie1959

Hi dkightley,

Thanks for your answer, but My question was a bit fast, because after a look in the original STL I found the Error in the Fusion 360 File.
There where missing some modellparts which are not easy to be recognized in the views I send.

After correcting the origiinal STL-File it now looks fine, as expected.

But at least I do have one Problem left, which could also be found in this example.
Please see attached Picture of a motor mount freom the backsite. But here it could be seen more clearly then on the other back.

I'm expecting closed caps between the walls and the top. I tried everything mentioned n your tricks and tips section but it could not be solved with those hints.
I draw a raft beyond an exopteing the first closed wall here after the raft but the resutlt is the picture you see.

Any Idea?

Kind regards
Willi
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-03 um 18.17.35.png
ivanhandler

Having the same problem. It's not with the model, it prints just fine in Cura but I prefer S3D. Attaching a screen print as well as factory file. I am using a Rostock Max V3.2. This is very frustrating.
Attachments
tornado_perc_large_v4.factory
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 100 times
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 8.15.28 PM.png
dkightley

Ivan.....I'm amazed you're asking this question.....

You can get this model to slice correctly by simply changing the Thin Wall behaviour to Allow single extrusion walls.

As for bowie....the same thing, plus the first layer needs squashing a bit more. Adjust the Global-Z setting to lower the model down a tiny bit.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
ivanhandler

Thanks Doug, had it set wrong. Take care

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”