PicoTreed

Re: Single Process, dual extruder, nozzle heating

PicoTreed wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:10 am Actually I think that the best way would be to use two Process and two Profiles (one for each Process), configuring each Profiles to accomodate specific extruder needs, using wise Tool Change Script for these Profiles.
Ok, the described way seems good in order to obtain the desired result.

You can get rid of the M104 commands inserted by Simplify3D by using the {STRIP "M104"} command in the Post Processing box, followed by a {REPLACE "New_M104" "M104"} command to transform your custom M104 commands written in your script (Start, Tool change, End, etc.) in correct M104 commands.
(Please note: "New_M104" is a custom name used for example purposes, you can use the string that you want.)

Anyway, in order to obtain a complete viable way, it's important to resolve this sort of "bug":
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12972

Thank you!
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
Aha

Just ran into something that might help you out, something that may be from looking in different places. Let me walk you through how I have my profiles set up to do EXACTLY what you are wanting without having my 2nd nozzle heat up.

I have the regular process that I like (say a character model process or my fast prototype one). I have a Left and a Right Extruder on my extruder list in a SINGLE process. Under layer, infill, etc, I make sure I select THAT extruder (messed up a few times when I switch extruders and picked the wrong one and got empty infill!). Under temperature, I make sure to add temperature controllers for each extruder and bed, I think my 2nd extruder is T1 for instance. I then set layer 1 at 0 degrees for the extruder I want off - and viola, it never heats up!

Try those exact things and make sure you don't miss any of those places. Hope that works!
S3D-Chris

I’m happy to share that the additional M104 command has been removed from the generated GCode file in the latest 4.1.2 release. You will no longer see issues when printing with a single extruder configuration. For a full list of updates and bug fixes you can check out our Release Notes page.

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”