HKOCH

Support for MMU2

Will the new coming version be compatible with Prusa MMU2?
mr_cg

Re: Support for MMU2

Hundrets (or thousands) of people are waíting for profile working with Prusa MK3 MMU2.
The MMU2 is for sure currently the most popular multicolor printer and i was expecting that new profile will be available with the multicolor improvements in v4.1.
Velleman K8200 / BCN3D Sigma
cmaloney3030

You mean that they dont have a Prusa MMU2 profile yet? Isnt it the most popular one out there? Why add MMU support if it doesnt work with popular hardware.
S3D-Alex

Please contact us at support@simplify3d.com and we would be happy to assist you with this.
shocksofmighty

That sounds like a great plan. Contact support so they can help each customer individually, instead of providing the information/tutorial so all users can have the information.
mr_cg

S3D-Alex wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:11 pm Please contact us at support@simplify3d.com and we would be happy to assist you with this.
Incredible answer!
Velleman K8200 / BCN3D Sigma
MattOlsen

I contacted S3D support and asked this question: Does, or will, Simplify3D perform/slice and write G-code for multicolor prints for Prusa's MMU2S?

This is their reply: "Thank you for your question. I am happy to help. We are currently working on better support for the Prusa MMU 2.0. Simplify3D already supports up to 6 extruders, so it can be used for the MMU with a custom profile. The tool change retraction is somewhat poorly documented for the MMU2, so please watch this closely and let us know if there is any unexpected behavior. Please try the attached profile. Follow these steps to import and use the profile:

Download the attached file.
Open Simplify3D, go to File > Import FFF Profile, and navigate to the saved profile. This will import the settings into the software.
To start using these new settings, click Edit Process Settings, and the choose the new entry at the very bottom of the Select Profile drop down list.

Regards,

~Simplify3D Support"

[EDIT - Contact support as recommended above if you need the profile]
thekkiinngg

does people try .fff for mmu2 ???? If yes do works ?
jmone

My MMU2 arrives next weeks, so looking forward to seeing how this profile works.
Prusa MK3
jmone

I've got my MMU2s all setup and working well. I'd be interested in hearing what others are doing in S3D. I've already a heap of Processes that I've tuned for different filaments so I'm wanting to use these rather than the customer support provided profile. What I'm doing is:
- Add a process for each colour, and select the correct "Extruder Tool Head Index" in each process to match the colour required
- Additions: Ticked both Use Prime Pillar and Ooze Shield
- When "Prepare to Print" --> select all the processes (I get some warning about not having multiple extruders that I just ignore) and then it will print just fine

Couple of notes where it is not so good:
- On the filament change the print head stays over the print and does not move to the prime pillar till the new filament is loaded
- The Prime Pillar is dumb in that it keeps building it even when you pass the point of having not more colour change (wastes a lot of filament)
- Prime Pillar is solid all the time even if it does not need to be (eg you really only want solid infill to purge after a layer change)
- I had to make the Prime Pillar manually bigger as it was not purging enough filament after the change (in fact even making it 20mm was not enough but the new colour was primed by the time the Ooze Shield was printed).
- Not sure we really need the Ooze Shield at all, just a smarter Prime Pillar like with PE Slicer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Nathan
Prusa MK3

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”