dommyg

Variable Settings by FEATURE TYPE

Hi there, I'm rather new to S3d, so forgive me if this has already been discussed..

I understand you can split processes by height, but I was thinking about how nice it would be to be able to change particular settings by feature type.

For instance, when printing with PET-G I typically print at 0 Fan speed, but when printing certain features like dense support layers, they print so much nicer when the fan is at 100%.. This is easy enough to do when splitting processes, but I wish there was a way to make a more global profile setting to tell it to increase fan speed to 100% when printing any dense support layer, etc.

Love the program!

Thanks.
wirlybird

Re: Variable Settings by FEATURE TYPE

I just posted a similar request!
I use the fan for the last layer of dense support when printing PETG as it make separation of the support much easier.

I would like it to run the fan only when actually printing the support part of a layer.
S3D-Jake

Re: Variable Settings by FEATURE TYPE

Thanks for the out of the box idea! This would be quite different from the way the software currently uses processes. I'll keep an eye on your thread and report back new ideas and interest to our development team.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”