georgei

Cannot remove internal supports when you have open the cross section view.

I have a piece that has holes for bolts.
The automatic support generation put supports there.
So I go to cross section view to see the internal supports (which I can) but when I click "Remove existing supports" and click on the supports nothing happens.
Have in mind that I can remove supports without the Cross Section View open.

Does anyone else has the same problem?
The version is the latest 4.1.2
georgei

Re: Cannot remove internal supports when you have open the cross section view.

I have test it in different pieces and I can add to the above that this is valid for supports that they are inside the piece.
You can remove the supports that they are from the floor to the piece but not supports that they are from the piece to the piece (like in a hole.
horst.w

The same,
but I never had used it in this way ;-)

Bug or not, it is not logical.

horst.w
GER
dkightley

This appears to be somewhat intermittent....testing on v4.1.2

Use attached factory file and split the view on the X axis. Add Auto supports....and then try to remove individual support columns that do not start from the bed...by trying the deletion from varying rotational angles.....

Some angles - unable to delete anything. Some angles - support will delete every other try! Some angles - deletion every time.

Interrupt the deletion sequence....and you may or may not get a different functionality! VERY strange!
Attachments
TestSupportDeletion.factory
(574.99 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
C_Birch81

Same problem here, whats a real pain because it's something i have to use a lot to remove supports inside wire channels.
S3D-Alex

Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. We were able to test and verify this in our office. I have documented this issue and made the development team aware of it. Thanks again to everybody for being so diligent and fast with these reports!
C_Birch81

Any way we could download a past version? this bug is stopping me from being able to paid work in a timely matter because adding to add support by hand one by one to just where i want/need support is a pain now.
C_Birch81

S3D-Alex wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 am Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. We were able to test and verify this in our office. I have documented this issue and made the development team aware of it. Thanks again to everybody for being so diligent and fast with these reports!
Any news on this being fixed yet? this bug is a show stopper for me and means im unable to use the slicer for the past 4 months because i need to be able to stop it from printing supports inside places on many the files i print.
S3D-Alex

Can you please log into your account at Simplify3d.com, download the installer again and install that version to ensure you have the most up to date version?
wirlybird

I just found this also in 4.12.
If the cross section is open then you cannot delete supports. If you close it then you can.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”