ameenb

Accessibility issue for color blind people

Really great program, but I have a ton of trouble with the "Feature Type" key and coloring. I'm partly color blind, red green, and the size of the boxes and colors used make it extremely difficult for me to use color to differentiate between features like "Internal Single Extrusion" and "Solid Layer". I'm surprised no accessibility features have been added, as otherwise it's a really impressive program.

Potential solutions:
-An alternate set of colors for people with colorblindness
-The ability to customize colors
-The ability to disable the display of certain features in "Preview Mode", the way one would remove layers in Photoshop.

If such a feature exists and I'm just missing it, let me know. Cheers!
S3D-Jake

Re: Accessibility issue for color blind people

Thanks for your feature request. I've documented these great ideas for our development team and will continue to monitor this thread for additional ideas to help in this area.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Ayres3D

I'm colour blind too and I have a further idea: how about when you click on the Feature Type in the list, it is highlighted in the preview screen - perhaps with the other features turning grey? Maybe allow multiple selections too? working in the same way? That is grey out deselected features?

I too struggle with the current system.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for your reply. I've added these additional comments as a part of the new interest placed on this feature request.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”