golden_snake

Re: Paid upgrade For 2019 upcoming Version 5.0

I don't mind to pay for the upgrade as long as it has as its advertise. Even though I majority use S3D over Cura but my wish S3D has some of working feature like auto generating support, etc.
airscapes

I have not been following this thread, but security is something the CUSTOMER should not have to think about. The software should be secure by design. The thing I am concerned with as a PAYING customer is that the software works without bugs and defects. when a bug or defect is found, it is fixed in a very short and reasonable time. New features should not break existing function or change the expected results..
This is just common sense, something that has been lost to all the generations after the baby boomers..
PicoTreed

ViperZ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:38 pm I think that the software should be changed to cloud service to prevent the crack of the software. It would be possible if the team had that development power.
God forbid!
Obviously the Adobe instance hasn't taught you anything.
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
Russ

ViperZ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:38 pm I think that the software should be changed to cloud service to prevent the crack of the software. It would be possible if the team had that development power.
I'd rather do without.
dragonn

Yeah, if they something with would stop my from buying 5.0 it would be when 5.0 goes full cloud.
MisterPixel

On the "buy Page" is written
Latest and Greatest Updates – your license includes 1 year of free upgrades so that you can stay up-to-date with the latest improvements
- Does that mean, if I buy now 4.1 and 5.0 will be released this year, i'll get it free? ..otherwise i should i Wait till it is released???
TheBum

The big thing missing for me in 4.x is color mixing. If 5.0 doesn't include that and I'm outside the 1-year upgrade window when it releases, I'll probably stick with 4.x for a while.
PicoTreed

TheBum wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 pm The big thing missing for me in 4.x is color mixing.
This falls also into the broader context of scripting.
There are lots of power users out there that use advanced custom hardware, multi nozzle-tool heads, non planar beds, etc. So there are lots of users that appreciate the proficiency of Simplify3D but also need to implement unconventional procedures that also involves injecting custom GCode, concomitantly with all the print events, to manage these uncommon procedures.

In my opinion Simplify3D will need to seriously take into account the world of experimenters, because it is a sterile 3D print world the one where 3D printers are just used to occasionally print some (useless?) action figures.

Dear Simplify3D team, there are some truly promising contender out there (ex. Pathio.xyz), so you need to look into the future of the 3D printing, otherwise you will be devoured.
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
S3D-Chris

MisterPixel wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 am On the "buy Page" is written
Latest and Greatest Updates – your license includes 1 year of free upgrades so that you can stay up-to-date with the latest improvements
- Does that mean, if I buy now 4.1 and 5.0 will be released this year, i'll get it free? ..otherwise i should i Wait till it is released???
We offer 1 year of free software updates along with your license purchase. This means that if you purchased the software now, you would still be able to upgrade to any version released within the next 12 months for free including Version 5.0.
S3D-Chris

TheBum wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 pm The big thing missing for me in 4.x is color mixing. If 5.0 doesn't include that and I'm outside the 1-year upgrade window when it releases, I'll probably stick with 4.x for a while.
Thank you for the feature request. We have sent your idea to our development team to review!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”