David_Quick

Re: Send GCode Directly to OctoPrint

When you select the print to file button foee it call up the file dialog? Mine is doing this and the pi never sees the files.
S3D-Jake

David_Quick wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:13 pm When you select the print to file button foee it call up the file dialog? Mine is doing this and the pi never sees the files.
Terminal Commands for post processing are run after you save the file, so the file dialog will display. After you name the file and it gets saved, the scripts will then be executed on the file.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
David_Quick

Thanks for the response. I was seeing the dialog but no directory related to Octoprint. The dialog just said “files” under recents. It was not showing up in the web interface. I now see that the print Gcode file is being saved to the onboard SD card whose name is “files”. I also needed to refresh the web interface after connecting before they showed up.

I would like to change the SD card name to something more obvious but am concerned the firmware would choke if I did that.

As it is things are now working.
kurtnelle

Royce wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 am there's no need for a batch or powershell script.
simply put the curl command in the post action section and it will upload the gcode to Octo when hitting save gcode
If the Octoprint is offline will it hang Simplify while it's trying to upload?
TheBum

CTGreybeard wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:28 pm Hmmm, I just got to thinking :idea: that on a Mac you can set Folder Actions. An the action code be to scp the file to the OctoPrint server. That way you just save the gcode to that folder on your Mac and it automagically goes to the server.

I'll work on it .... Anyone interested :?:
I know I'm digging up an old post, but did anyone ever try this? I'd be interested in what you found out.
kurtnelle

If I'm reading the SCP option right, the plan was to sync a folder on the mac/pc with scp onto the raspbian instance that octoprint is running on; perhaps even the directory where octoprint stores the .gcode files?

EDIT : see link for reference (https://community.octoprint.org/t/send- ... a-scp/9609)

Yes, using scp or WinSCP to auto sync .gocde to the watched folder of octoprint will cause the .gcode file to show up in octoprint.

The watched folder is located under /home/{username}/.octoprint/watched
CodilX

I just created a shared that folder with samba on my Raspberry Pi that is also the watch folder for Octoprint. Then just save from Simplify3D to \\raspberrypi\octoprint_watch_folder - no temporary folders you need to cleanup or anything.

However I would love to see Simplify3D open up for third party plugin support.
Bignasty1

And when all else fails, be sure to turn off or create an allow rule in your Windows firewall to allow the traffic. I have several printers on my Octopi, and they're assigned to different ports. So if you connect to your Octopi like: 192.168.0.xxx:8080, then you need to allow port 8080 in the firewall.

Return to “Feature Requests”