milks

Odd number of perimeters for thin walls

I'm pretty sure this has already been talked about/requested though I'd also like to register my interest.

Thin walls are only ever sliced with an even number of perimeters (in cases where num_perimeters * extrusion_width * 2 > wall_thickness) this can create a void in the middle of the wall which is negatively impacting more delicate prints that require finer precision. The gap is large enough to fit an extra perimeter.

I've tried adjusting relevant settings (gap fill/only use perimeters for thin walls/perimeter overlap percentage) without success. The only workaround I've found is to adjust the nozzle diameter for the print, though this of course has implications in itself.

Thanks! 8-)
hlangner

Re: Odd number of perimeters for thin walls

Is there finally a solution for this? I can't find any possibility to achieve an odd number of perimeter shells even in 4.1.2. That's quite a shame since Cura can do that for few versions now...
zemlin

I'm not at a computer with S3D installed so I'm not certain of the exact terminology - but look at the ADVANCED tab at Single Extrusion Fill
S3D-Jake

Zemlin is correct. In the advanced tab look at the section titled "Thin Wall Behavior". Setting "Internal Thin Wall Type" to allow single extrusion fill will have small areas within the specified parameters to be filled with a dynamic extrusion width single line that doesn't need to be an entire "loop/outline".
Internal Thin Wall Type - Allow single extrusion fill
Internal Thin Wall Type - Allow single extrusion fill
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”