dkightley

Display bounding box to assist model placement

When placing parts on the printer bed, it is possible to place them too close together for the slicer to work correctly. For example, parts with skirts/rafts placed too close together will prohibit sequential printing.

I would like the software to display a bounding box whenever the Translate or Rotate functions are being used so that the user can see if the parts are too close together.

The bounding box should be based on the profile in use at the time for each part.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
wirlybird

Re: Display bounding box to assist model placement

Interesting idea.

Another that would be nice is one Flashprint has.

When you select to arrange multiple models on the bed it asks about spacing and you pick what you want such as 2mm.
parallyze

bounding box +1
customizable spacing +1

And pleeease also apply that spacing to duplicated objects :)

(mhhhmmm, that one combined with some kind of "arrange parts/duplicates in a rectangular pattern")
S3D-Jake

These are both great ideas! The customizable auto arrange spacing is one that's been requested before. I'll add this new interest to that request's documentation. I've added an entirely new request in our logging for the idea to display the bounding boxes. Thanks for such great actionable feedback!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Miklb

I dream to have a bounding box witch use the real size of my printer's head (I have drawn it, I have an stl file). The software could put this file at every position that the head will pass to check easily if we don't have problems in sequential print.
deisengard

Thanks for such great actionable feedback!
It's frustrating that two years later there's still no movement on this great actionable feedback. What's the status of this request?

Return to “Feature Requests”