B-H-S

Printing With Polyalchemy Elixire problems

Im having trouble with the quality of the finish with the elixre filament I'm getting marks on the outer surface I have a 3 perimeter print printing from inside out it seems to be when the travel goes from inside to out where the red travel lines are is exactly where my marks are can anyone give me some advise on this I had trouble before and ended up using cura because it has a setting I think helped but I don't know cura I only use S3d

HELP PLEASE
Attachments
Elix screen shot.jpg
JWest

Re: Printing With Polyalchemy Elixire problems

So you are getting a line across your model where the red line shows, is that the problem?

This is probably caused by the print head moving through over extruded plastic often causing scaring.

If you are saying the problem is blobs or zits on the outside walls this could be a retraction issue.

Without seeing the actual print it's hard to know.
B-H-S

spot on its not blobs and zits its it is the scaring I specified a start and end but I have a seam so trying to hide it
B-H-S

tried to upload a picture but it wont let me?? :oops:
JWest

This almost certainly going to be either an over extrusion or z height issue. More likely over extrusion, trying tweaking your extrusion multiplier.

Have a read here:

https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... op-surface

Unless the scar is going up your print on the z axis? That could be start position over extrusion/retraction. Set it to start at random points to try and help.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”