nfol

Connection error

When I click "Check for updates" or "Configuration assistant", I keep getting the message "Connection error".

Support suggests that it could be due to my firewall. However, it does not help to switch off the firewall.

My username and password is fully updated. I have no problem logging into my account from my internet browser.

I'm pretty tired of being dependent on this impossible connection. I have a lot of software that makes use of connection to the vendor, but have never encountered these kinds of problems before.

Does anyone have the same problem? Can anybody help?

Best regards,
Niels
Attachments
Connection error.jpg
wirlybird

Re: Connection error

You might click on the network settings button and see what is listed there.

Also try going to the help menu and selecting to do a restore or return to factory settings - don't remember exactly what it is called.

Do you have anti virus or malware type programs running also?
nfol

> You might click on the network settings button and see what is listed there.

I don't thing this can be otherwise. Screen clip attached.

> Also try going to the help menu and selecting to do a restore or return to factory settings - don't remember exactly what it is called.

It is called "Reset All Settings". I did that. No change.

> Do you have anti virus or malware type programs running also?

Yes. I now tried to switch off all of that kind. No change.

:-(
Attachments
Connection error 2.jpg
S3D-Alex

Could you contact us at Support@simplify3d.com if you still have issues with this? Thank you!
ratak477

I just bought Simplify 3D and I am having the same problem in macOS and a parallels version of Windows 10. Turning the firewall off isn't fixing this problem. Have you found a solution yet?
nfol

ratak477:
> Have you found a solution yet?

Unfortunately not.

S3D support says that the message "Connection error" must be a Firewall issue, even it doesn't help to switch off my firewall program.

Will someone be so kind as to tell me if there is an additional firewall in Win10 itself? And how to white list simplify3D.com ?
S3D-Jake

Windows 10 does include a software firewall. This page helps walk you through using the firewall for some common functions.

https://computing.which.co.uk/hc/en-gb/ ... s-Firewall
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
sakunamary

I have the same problem too ,My laptop OS is MacOS 10.14.5 Mojave ,Input username and password and come out "Connection error"
I have tried to install win version in win7 VM, and the result is also not working ....
I have change IP by VPS , China\Japan VPS server not working ....

so , I thing there are some bugs in S3D. :D
greybeard

In Simplify, go to:Tool> Firmware config

Set the timeout....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 8.09.39 AM.png
3D Print Parts
https://www.thingiverse.com/Still_Breathing/designs
nfol

@graybeard:

Would you be so kind as to explain a little deeper? What has firmware configuration to do with connection to the net?

Best regards,
Niels

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”