Frolgo

Variable Settings by layer not mm

Hello,
is it possible to set different processes by layer count and not by mm?
Thanks
TheBum

Re: Multi processes by layer

Not that I'm aware of, but I would welcome this feature. The profile has the layer heights, so it should be an easy calculation.
vdamiani

When creating multi-processes, I always have to do the math in order to verify if the milimeters translate to layer height so there's no gap between layers. PLEASE add a "layer height SNAP" to the program!
rexipus

I wholeheartedly support this. I use processes fairly liberally, and it's a PITA to have to do some math to figure out what to set as my start and stop heights. I typically decide on my process boundaries by clicking "prepare to print" and then stepping up and down through the 3D print preview, which steps by layer, not by height. I'm sure probably 99.9% of users who use multiple process decide on their process boundaries this way, by previewing the print by layer, so it's utterly absurd that S3D doesn't allow us to specify process boundaries by layer.
S3D-Jake

I wholeheartedly agree this is a great idea! Thank you for your feature request. I've documented it for our developers. I'll be monitoring this thread for more user input. Thanks again for the great idea!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
grue19

i suppose my question boils down to: can we set change in print processes to be "by layer" vs "by height"?

============================================================

i've searched but didn't see anything. also maybe it's a feature request? but i'm starting to print with multiple processes based on height.

i actually do like the wizard as it lets me more or less eyeball where i want the change in the process. however, it seems like it's a "by eye" procedure vs "by layer".

for example, if i want to use 3% infill from layer 1 to 20 and then switch to 30% infill from 20 to 25 and then finally back to 3% from 25 to end of print.

the reason i might want to be this specific is that i might want 5 layers of 30% infill underneath layer #26.

by using height, it seems like i have to calculate out my layer heights based on initial layer height percentage and layer height. ok...

the wizard lets me move a plane up/down based on mm's ( in my case) so i could move it down a bit by eye.

now, i'm not sure if this is a big deal, it certainly is quick vs. previewing the print and moving the layer slider to determine 5 layers below is 10.08 mm in the preview window.
Last edited by S3D-Jake on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved post to existing topic asking for exact same thing

Return to “Feature Requests”