ftherrmann

SLA Printing???

While Chitubox works well I've found that Simplify3D always works better than the competition..

Any chance of supporting SLA printers such as the Photon and Photon S?

TIA
madeinoz

Re: SLA Printing???

+1
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the request! We've seen a few more request threads related to DLP and SLA printers in the past. Not a ton of interest has been expressed. I do know that our support team has worked with some users in the past on supporting laser printers such as the Moai. If you happen to have one of those printers, please shoot our support team an email. Otherwise, please continue to express your interest here.

Also, if you could note the specific resin based printer you'd like supported that would be helpful for our developers. (like the OP did already. Thank you OP!)
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
logic02004

I would be interested in being able to use S3D with my Moai in addition to my dreamer. I honestly want to move away from using my dreamer all together but the slicing program for the Moai is so limited and not as capable. I often revert to settling for lesser quality prints simply due to the ease of use of the slicer.
S3D-Jake

logic02004 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 am I would be interested in being able to use S3D with my Moai in addition to my dreamer. I honestly want to move away from using my dreamer all together but the slicing program for the Moai is so limited and not as capable. I often revert to settling for lesser quality prints simply due to the ease of use of the slicer.
See this post by brian442
brian442 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:47 am It already works with the Moai. That printer just turns on the laser whenever it encounters E-values in the gcode, so you don't even need to do the other changes mentioned above. Just set the extrusion width to the spot size of the laser and maybe adjust the speeds and scripts.
Our support team has experience helping users with profiles for the Moai. If you run into issues you should give them a shout! https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
cenac231

hi, i will also be interested in supporting my Anycubic photon S printer by S3D

Cenac231
jbrandibas

I would love to see SLA supported by Simplyfy3D. I have an Elegoo Mars Pro showing up in a few days and would love it if I could keep all of my slicing under one umbrella.
Wonhitter

I love simplify3d and would LOVE to see sla support.... now that a decent resin printer can be purchased for $200-$300, I would imagine this will become a regular request.

Thanks for making great software!
lrdsatyr8

Adding support for resin printers would be awesome! I have a QIDI TECH Shadow 5.5s... would love to be able to use my S3D to slice for it. Chitubox really sucks... it's like Cura for resin printers.
3DWP

SLA support would be awesome, there is an evergrowing userbase out there that is looking for alternative slicing software.

I also purchased an Elegoo Mars Pro recently and would love it if I could use Simplify3D with it.
https://www.instagram.com/3dwp/
https://www.3dwp.nl

Return to “Feature Requests”