ttn

Re: Gyroid infill

+1
nuramori

Re: Gyroid fill pattern

I just got Simplify3D, having been using Cura up until now. I had thought gyroid was a basic staple of all these programs, and am a bit shocked that it is not an option with this package. I make parts that require structural strength and stability, and gyroid is a must imho. In fact not knowing that if it will be included in a near future update gives me pause enough to use the 2 week guarantee and just go back to Cura.
MLJ

+1 *10^10
Judge

+1
Aurawin

I used to use CURA and I absolutely love Gyroid. It's a torture test of infills. I you can do gyroid without PETG filament snowballing you nozzle you have masted it.

The first thing I did was try to give my prints the same strength I had in Cura. Enter "wiggle". Don't laugh. If you keep rotating wiggle you get a similar construction it's just harmonically nasty to your printer. Give this a try...

1. ) Use a new Extruder config called "Infill". Select your tool index (0)
Whatever multiplier you have for your typical printing the Extrusion multiplier for "Infill" is about 3 points lower. Starvation is better for your test print but watch for filament snowballs.

2.) Goto Infill tab
Select wiggle pattern.
Select "Infill" as your extruder
Add 0,45,90 in both Internal and External Angle offsets

3.) Test print. Increase/decrease "Infill" extruder's multiplier as needed decrease if you blob, increase if the infill isn't connecting with each other or with the walls.

This is what I do and it's been just as good as gyroid. Gyroid was smoother though - but that's the hole point.
ae0mt

Add me to the list of those interested in seeing this implemented in S3D!
drvertigo

+2

S3D: Can you kindly advise if you intend to add this feature?

Thankyou.
brotherdust

+1
dpedu

+1.

Every other slicer has this feature and S3D is falling behind. I'm porting my profiles to Cura because of this alone.
MLJ

I am SImplify3D user and fan since 2018.
I have produced with Simplify3D gcodes as big as 2 GB if that tells you something, and I have found Simplify3D the only one capable of doing so.

I have to switch though because now Gyroid is a must for me. Too much waiting time in implementing gyroid infill.
If you do implement it in the future, then I also suggest the following. Infill is done with a shape in mind and one line extrusion only. I would suggest to give the option to have the user decide how many lines does he wants

Return to “Feature Requests”