Magic2226

M3D Crane Quad setup

Does any of you good people have the setup settings for the new crane quad 3D printers that you can share? Hopefully my printer will be here soon and trying to get simplify 3D setup ready to go.
chrisrivers

Re: M3D Crane Quad setup

I too want to know if anyone has a Crane Quad profile.
CreatorG

Replying So I can follow the thread.
S3D-Chris

Magic2226 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:19 pm Does any of you good people have the setup settings for the new crane quad 3D printers that you can share? Hopefully my printer will be here soon and trying to get simplify 3D setup ready to go.
Please contact our support team at support@simplify3d.com and they will send you a profile!
TheBum

Did anyone contact them? If so, please post the profile here.
Hardboss

I need one too, I will try to get my CRANE to work LOL
TheBum

Stand by. I'm close to being able to release a profile to the Crane GitHub. I'll include a link to the GitHub location in this thread once I'm done.

I took the profile that S3D gave me and made some tweaks to make it act more like the official profile for other slicers, specifically to prime the four extruders before the print starts and to properly stow the print head at the end of a print. I've performed one successful single-color PETG print thus far and it came out really nice.
TheOddOcelot

TheBum wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:40 am Stand by. I'm close to being able to release a profile to the Crane GitHub. I'll include a link to the GitHub location in this thread once I'm done.

I took the profile that S3D gave me and made some tweaks to make it act more like the official profile for other slicers, specifically to prime the four extruders before the print starts and to properly stow the print head at the end of a print. I've performed one successful single-color PETG print thus far and it came out really nice.
Did you happen to get your profile working? I've been banging my head trying to get the one they sent over to reliably print even with just one extruder...
Those tiny motors seem to have one heck of a time with retractions.
Phoenix125

Also interested and posted so that I can follow the thread. I sent an email to Simplify3D's support as a backup.
TheBum

TheOddOcelot wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:37 pm Did you happen to get your profile working? I've been banging my head trying to get the one they sent over to reliably print even with just one extruder...
Those tiny motors seem to have one heck of a time with retractions.
Yes, it's working quite well. If you can minimize the resistance from the filament spools, those motors do fine. I added ball bearings to my dry box spool mounts.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”