cduck28z

Uneven and Inconsistent Print Speeds

I'm playing around with my slicer setting and can't figure out why my printer speeds are so inconsistent between layers that are the exact same. Lowering or adjusting my speed does not clean up the model at at all. It simply changes which layers are inconsistent. Thank you in advance for your help!!
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled.png
S3D-Alex

Re: Uneven and Inconsistent Print Speeds

Thanks for posting the images! It looks like this might just be the speed override feature taking effect. If you navigate to the Speeds tab and look at the top right you will see the feature I am referencing.

This is there to solve a common problem in 3D printing. If a layer is not given time to cool before the next layer is printed then the print quality will suffer. This causes warping and dimensional inaccuracies. I would suggest leaving this on as it almost always improves print quality but there can definitely be cases where it is not wanted. If you think something else is causing this please let me know and provide a Factory File so we can dive in to figure out the cause. Thank you again for posting!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”